- "Personal Information" or "Personal Data" which means non-public information that is personally identifiable to you and it is obtained for us to provide you services within our Platform. Personal Information for a user may include information such as your name, email address, gender, country, date of birth, and other related information that you provide to us or that we obtain about you.
- Your rights regarding your personal data.
- Our responsibility for the collection and processing of your personal data.
- Our policy regarding cookies, the transmission of your personal data, and third parties' links.
By visiting our Platform and submitting your personal data, you explicitly consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
2. Collection of Personal Data
Gypsy collects the following personal data:
- Contact Information (First name, Last name, Country/Region you currently live in, Time zone, Gender, profile picture, and Phone number);
- Account credentials (username, password, and email address);
- Employment Information (Official and LinkedIn biography, job status, portfolio URL, Experience, skills, expected earnings, and specialization); and
- type of device used and device fingerprint, and IP address.
We collect your information when we want to reach out to you with new information about Gypsy, to request additional consent if we will process your personal data beyond our earlier request for consent, and statistical purposes. We shall not sell, rent, share, distribute, or license your information to others in ways different from our disclosure in this policy. You can at any time withdraw consent for the collection and processing of your personal data, although, this may restrict your access and use of this platform.
- Geographical Information - When you use this platform, we may use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location to determine the city you are located in and display relevant data and gigs. We will not share your current location with other users or partners. If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you may manually enter your country and time zone during registration and deny a request to access the location from your browser.
- Automatic Information - We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our application, if any, as well as the name of the website to which you are headed when you leave our application. This information also includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your Internet Website provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system. We use all of this information to analyze trends among our Users to help improve this Platform.
- Log Data - Like many Website operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Platform ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, and the pages of our applications that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
4. Third-Party Links
Gypsy may contain links to other websites and platforms that may be subject to less stringent privacy standards. We cannot assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of the third parties that operate these websites or platforms We are not responsible for how such third parties collect, use, store, or disclose your personal data. You should review the privacy policies of these websites before providing them with personal data.
5. Security of your Personal Data
We use the best physical and digital security system to store your personal data. We must respect the confidentiality of your personal data. The implementation of this system is to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or destruction.
To ensure the security of your information, we use the following methods: SSL Protocol, SET Protocol, Automatic backup, Digital Certificate, Username/Password, authorizations to access management, and Firewalls. Please note that the internet is not secure and no system involving the internet and the transmission of electronic data is 100% secure. Nevertheless, we take all reasonable efforts to safeguard and protect your information. In the event of a breach that affects your personal data, you will be notified within a reasonable timeframe of such breach and measures we took to rectify the breach. Note that, you may request at any time to access and delete your information with us.
6. Deletion of your Personal Data
To use our platform, you have to create an account. If you have an account on this platform, you can log in, access, modify or export your personal data or delete your account. We strive to protect your personal data from accidental or malicious destruction, so, we keep residual copies of your personal data for a momentarily period. The only exception to this is when you delete your account. Information deleted is unrecoverable after deletion unless the law stipulates otherwise.
7. Modification of Personal Data
Gypsy wants to ensure that your personal data is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example, if you change your email address, name or country, or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove inaccurate information.
8. Disclosure of your Personal Data
The legal basis of the information we process is based primarily on your consent, data protection standards, and the requirements of the law and court order. If your information will be shared in response to a court order or legal process, we will give you adequate notice, so that you can challenge the legal process or court order, unless the law prohibits it or states otherwise.
9. Your Rights
You have the following rights to the processing of your personal data under relevant privacy laws–
- European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- If you are an EU resident and we are processing your information, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to request access or disclosure of a written copy of your personal data we collected.
- You have the right to correct inaccurate or outdated information we have about you.
- You have the right under certain circumstances to request erasure or deleting your personal data from this platform.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data. Such withdrawal is subject to certain circumstances that would not affect your information's lawful processing before you withdrew the consent.
- You have the right to transfer your personal data from this platform to another organization, under certain circumstances.
- You have the right to object to automated processing or profiling of your information.
- You may restrict the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances.
- You have the right to object to the processing of certain types of information that we collect, such as direct marketing.
- GDPR applies to the European Union Member States, which include Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden. It also includes the United Kingdom (Channel Isles, England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales). GDPR also includes European Economic Area Countries, such as Iceland, Lichtenstein, and Norway.
- If you are an EU resident and wish to exercise any of your rights, please submit your request (providing your full account information, identification, and the specific right you wish to exercise) in an email to email@example.com. Alternatively, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding your rights, please contact us in an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We shall comply with your request in less than thirty (30) days without any charge if your request does not prove impossible or involve a disproportionate effort for us to comply.
- Canada Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
- If you are a Canadian resident and we are processing your information, you have the following rights:
- To know what is collected about you.
- To know how your information is used, stored, and processed.
- To correct and update outdated or inaccurate information about you.
- To withdraw your consent for the processing of your information.
- To opt-out of the processing for certain services such as direct marketing.
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you access to our platform or impose arbitrary penalties.
11. Contact Us